Whit Stillman’s composer, Mark Suozzo, was interviewd The Official Podcast recently. He discusses how he collaborates with Stillman and how they set a tone for the film through music (among other things).
It is an thorough interview and worth a listen or two.
Our friends over at The Official Podcast have interviewed Jordan Rountree, who plays Hal in The Cosmopolitans. Please click here for the interview.
You can follow them both on twitter as well:
The Official Podcast has interviewed Chris Eigeman for their show. Please give it a listen.
Eigeman talks about his work on Stillman’s films, his taste in music, his directing/writing projects and how he is working on a horror film. He also reveals that the scene where he is convincing Tom that he may be the downtrodden, was his first time on camera.
You can also check out their Whit Stillman and Taylor Nichols interviews.
The Official PodCast has updated their Whit Stillman interview:
Interview with Whit Stillman on 10/24/2013
PRESENTED IN MONO
Update: on 4/11/2014 3pm CST we updated the audio and file format so the interview now is all on one file and no longer split into two parts. Also EQ’d the sound to make it more listenable. Thank you!
Stillman talks about:
- Ice cream sandwiches (yes, he does)
- TV and how he may be going into that arena soon
- His use of social media
- How Metropolitan played for seven months in NYC
- 1/3 of Metropolitan’s gross came from Manhattan
- Why he chose Chicago as the hometown of Ted
- The location of the lake at the end of the film
- His love of Lake Shore Drive
- The self help books in Barcelona and how a studio head helped keep their significance in the film
- Stanley Kubrick’s love of Barcelona and how Kubrick wanted to know more about John Thomas’ cinematography
- How a shot in Eyes Wide Shut is similar to one in Barcelona
- Stillman’s advice on who you should listen to when writing a script
- How the G and H in The Last Days of Disco are gonorrhea and herpes and not HIV like some people have speculated on the internet
- Lastly he talks about Evelyn Waugh