Books by Whit Stillman
Barcelona and Metropolitan: Tales of Two Cities
The Last Days of Disco, With Cocktails at Petrossian Afterwards (Winner of the 2014 Prix Fitzgerald Award)
- Excerpt at January Magazine
- 15 minute audio book titled Cocktails at Petrossian read by Stillman.
- Stillman reading from chapter eight of the book (scroll down to his name for the RealAudio link)
- En Espanol
- En Francais
- Winner of the 2014 Prix Fitzgerald Award
- Interview by Ron Hogan at Beatrice (2000)
- Review by Laura Miller at Salon.com (28 Aug 2000)
- Chat transcript at CNN.com (29 Aug 2000)
- ‘Has His Whits About Him’, an interview by Paul Morton at the Columbia Spectator (18 Sep 2000)
- Interview with Charlie Rose in which Stillman “talks about living in Paris and about his new novel, The Last Days of Disco with Cocktails at Petrossian Afterwards” (27 Sep 2000)
- Interview with Gerald Peary (Dec 2000)
- Review at the New York Times by Peter Khoury (10 Sep 2000)
- ‘Last rewrites’ by Couper Samuelson for the Harvard Independent (15 Jul 2001)
- ‘Cócteles y caviar’ by M. García at Evas!ón in Spanish (Google’s English translation) (19 Oct 2001)
Love & Friendship: In Which Jane Austen’s Lady Susan Vernon Is Entirely Vindicated
Unserious Austen by Adam Thirlwell at The New York Review of Books (May 27, 2016).
Metropolitan: A Novella and Three Stories
Stillman never wrote this planned book, as he describes here.
Books about Whit Stillman
Doomed Bourgeois in Love: Essays on the Films of Whit Stillman
- Read the first chapter, ‘Whit Stillman’s Comic Art’ (PDF) by Mary P. Nichols.